Aromatherapy Facial replenishes, hydrates and nourishes the skin. Promotes rapid growth of healthy skin cells. Restores softness and fights free radicals. Protects the skin. Promotes inner unity and harmony.
Aromatherapy facial involves:
- Therapist consultation with the client.
- A detailed facial skin examination in order to choose appropriate skin care preparations, essential and carrier oils and other natural ingredients. All products used in a facial such as cleanser, masks, toner, serum and creams are freshly made according to your skin needs.
- A facial treatment. Additionally, I will help you understand how to care for your skin naturally from the inside out. I will work with you to understand underlying factors that may be contributing to any skin issues you may have. You will learn simple rituals to follow in your daily life to restore healthy skin and general wellbeing.
“While normal cosmetics treatment is symptom – oriented and attempts to change the skin in one way or another, the goal of essential oil treatment is always the restoration of balance. Aromatherapy facial with essential oils brings the metabolic functions back into balance.”
Aromatherapy Facial Treatment
A cleanser will remove excess oil, perspiration, dirt, dust, pollution, make-up and naturally loosened dead skin cells from the surface of the skin.
- The Cleansing Oil will help to remove the impurities or dirt deposited on the face
- Leave the skin surface fresh and ready to receive the massage
Toners help balance the skin’s pH and are formulated to suit a specific skin type. Floral waters, also known as hydrosols make excellent toners. They will also temporarily minimise pore size. Hydrosols are free from alcohol.
Commonly used floral waters:
Rose water – Ideal for all skin types.
Orange water – Ideal for combination and sensitive skin types.
Lavender water – Ideal for normal and sensitive skin types.
Chamomile water – Ideal for dry, sensitive and inflamed skin
Witch hazel – Astringent, ideally suited for oily skin.
- Skin feels cool, smooth and refreshed
- Removes the residue of the previous procedures
- Add moisture to the skin’s surface
- Tones the skin
The following benefits due to face steam:
- Steaming deeply cleanses the skin
- Reduces muscle tension, pain and clear the mind
- It moistens the dry outer layer of the skin making them easy for removing
- The skin becomes fresh, soft, bright, and with good complexion
- The heat of the steam increases circulation, activates the pores and glands and help in the removal of toxins from the deeper layers of the skin
- It is very beneficial for acne and congested skin
- The heat also helps in the easy absorption of the things, which are massaged on the skin
- Provides softness, smoothness and lubrication for the skin.
- Reduces wrinkles and thereby rejuvenates and revitalize the skin of face
- Removes scar and improves the skin color
- Relaxes the mind and improves sleep
- Improves local circulation
- Helps to liquefy the toxins or accumulated mucous in the sinuses
- Reduces the pain in cases of headache and sinusitis
Regular exfoliation provides the following benefits:
- Cleanses the face by removing the dirt and dead skin
- Removes black heads and white heads
- Cleanses and opens the blocked pores
- Stimulate circulation
- Provides lusture for the skin
Setting, absoring mask : drying, cleansing, drawing, toning and stimulating. Appropriate for combination, normal and oily skin type.
Non-setting, adsorbing mask: hydrating, soothing, calming, healing, restoring and rejuvenating. Appropriate for dry, sensitive, mature and normal skin type.
- Helps to extract dirt or toxins from the deeper layers of the skin
- Helps in removing black heads, white heads, pimples or acne, and therby helps to clean the blocked pores
- Removes scar and improves the skin color
- Nourishes and rejuvenates the tissues of the face by stimulating the deep layers of the skin
- Soothes and moisturizes the skin
- Increases the firmness of the skin
- Infuses active ingredients into the skin.
A moisturiser is formulated with a selection of the following ingredients: water, emollients , emulsifiers, waxes, humectants, active ingredients, and natural fragrances (from essential oils).
- Restore, reveal and provide constant, impressive nutrition to the skin.
- Emollient properties
- Ability to protect the skin
- Ability to prevent moisture evaporating from the skin
- Ability to supply the skin with essential fatty acids and vitamins which have specific healing properties
The benefits of essential oils in skin care:
- have highly antiseptic properties
- help speed up the removal of old skin cells and stimulate the growth of new cells
- improve muscle tone and blood circulation
- help eliminate waste
- reduce inflammation
- regulate sebum production
- reduce the impact of emotional stress
The benefits of vegetable oils:
- emollient properties
- ability to protect the skin
- ability to prevent moisture evaporating from the skin
- ability to supply the skin with essential fatty acids and vitamins which have specific healing properties
Aromatherapy Facial at Shamama Therapy
If you live in Wellington, NZ and are looking for facial treatment or massage: Aromatherapy and Ayurveda – contact me on (+64) 0210778203 or email@example.com