“My elders have said to me
that the trees are the teachers of the law.
As I grow less ignorant
I begin to understand what they mean”
– Brooke Medicine Eagle
From the beginning we have been surrounded by the presence of plants. Plants, animals and people have coevolved over a long period of time. Their relationship reflect matualistic interdependencies that cannot be viewed in isolation from one another.
What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is an Art of using naturally extracted aromatic essence from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots or other parts of a plant to balance, harmonise and promote the heath of the BODY, MIND and SOUL. It enhances psychological and physical well-being.
The inhaled aroma from these essential oils is widely believed to stimulate brain function. Essential oils can also be absorbed through the skin, where they travel through the bloodstream and can promote whole-body healing.
Benefits of aromatherapy and massage
- Enhance mood and general feeling of well-being.
- Improve blood and lymphatic circulation.
- Strengthen the immune system, resistance to disease and combat infections.
- Promote deeper and easier breathing.
- Help to deal with different emotions, such as anxiety, depression and grief.
- Promote healthy skin care.
- Stimulate all the senses to help increase sensory awareness through touch, music and smell experiences.
- Soothe the tension and pain of the muscles, improve flexibility, mobility and co-ordination.
- Encourage restful sleep.
- Improve digestion – massage to the lower back and abdomen can help the colon work more comfortably and naturally.
Aromatherapy is a continuous exchange, process of giving and receiving. Aromatherapy allows individual to find his/her inner harmony and peace.